Changing the World ... One kid at a time.
You Can Make a Difference
We have had a huge expansion of volunteers and believe it or not we always need more. I tell my volunteers that if they can do fifth grade math then they can help with our after school tutoring. Maybe you have a gift or talent that God has given you that you can share with children. It could be piano, cooking, singing, or playing a sport. What's most important are the smiles that you share with the children to make their days brighter by knowing that someone out there really cares. That is the job of a volunteer. However, believe it or not, we still need more volunteers. We all have 168 hours in our week; can you spend one of those with some children that need it?
Characteristics we look for in Volunteers
- Honest in approach and attitude
- Patient when working with students
- Flexible in responding to the needs of students
- Prompt, dependable, and regular in attendance
- Friendly to tutors and children
- Supportive of administration and tutoring staff
- Willing to discover interests and strengths of each child and able to generate enthusiasm about each child
- Willing to be discreet, sincere, dedicated, and punctual
- Able to recognize the child's need to improve self-image and independent learning habits
- Willing to communicate regularly with the staff, expressing concerns and questions with tutors or the Volunteer Coordinator
Application Form - click HERE to download the application in PDF format.
If you would like to participate and get your youth involved in a wonderful life changing ministry please call Travis at 423-434-2031.