Hello! Would you like to join our amazing team?
View our available positions below
Overview: In keeping with the Mission Statement of the Coalition, to implement programs and build effective relationships with the children to fulfill the ministry and mission of Coalition For Kids.
• Attend all appropriate meetings and events
• Participate in all necessary trainings
• Obtain a Commercial Drivers License
• CDL licensed personnel are required to follow transportation procedures and responsibilities
• Provide a safe environment and oversee children’s daily activities
• Set a positive Christian example in word, actions, attitudes and relationships
• Establish an effective, positive, personal and team relationships with schools parents and staff
• Prepare and use educational resources for daily classroom activities
• Build relationships with the children
• Check homework daily
• Complete necessary paperwork
• Know procedures involved in programming operations
• Communicate with your Site Coordinator daily classroom behaviors
In accordance with the Coalition For Kids’ mission, the Assistant Custodian will assume the position of caretaker of the building and facilities, in the same manner to which he or she would for his or her own personal possessions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Comply with OSHA, fire department, water department, alarm system, locksmith, plumbing, and DOH guidelines for building maintenance and sanitation.
- Notify supervisor about supply needs
- Monitor security of buildings, such as; making sure doors and windows are locked and locks are in working order.
- Paint, as needed.
- Handle urgent pest controls that don’t require a professional.
- Assist, supervise, and coordinate ongoing Volunteers with the Director of Community Outreach
- Assists with office equipment moves and repairs.
- Assists with small bus needs
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Pressure wash of outside of building, surrounding areas, filters, etc.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to any building operation systems.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of prior experience in building maintenance, preferably in a church or similar setting.
- Ability and mechanical understanding of the following machines, tools, and other special equipment used to perform job duties; hand and small power tools, ladder, vacuum, floor buffer, cleaning, and polishing chemicals.
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and time management.
The Assistant Custodian will be a part-time employee and should be able to work a flexible schedule when needed such as; weekends and after regular business hours.
The Assistant Custodian should have the physical abilities to lift objects up to 50 pounds, be able to walk equivalent to several miles per day, be able to climb ladders, and maneuver in hard to reach places.
Chief Custodian, Director of Operations
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, just click below to send us an email and we will be more than happy to help.
Would you prefer a paper application?
If you prefer to send us a paper application, simply click below to download our employment application. Please complete that and send it to Coalition For Kids, Inc.
2423 Susannah Street Johnson City, TN 37601
Meet our Team!
These are the amazing people who make what we do possible.
Randy has served as the Executive Director of the Coalition For Kids since its founding in 1998. Building on more than 15 years of business management experience, Randy has worked diligently to grow the Coalition For Kids from one site serving 25 children to multiple sites across Johnson City serving more than 300 low-income, at-risk children each day. Randy and his lovely wife, Melanie, have six beautiful children.
Director of Operations
Bethany began working at Coalition For Kids in 2004 as a part-time tutor. In 2006 she became a Site Director and served in multiple locations and capacities over the next 7 years. Bethany became the Assistant Director of Programming in 2011, Director of Programming in 2014 and Director of Operations in 2017. Bethany and her husband, Chris, are proud parents of their son Cambron. She is also a Worship Leader at their church where they both love to serve.
Director of Grants
Sarah started with the Coalition For Kids as a Site Tutor in September 2008. She has served as Site Director at South Side, North Side, and Indian Trail Schools. In March of 2015 she started working as our Grant Director. Sarah holds Bachelor’s degree in Education from East Tennessee State University. Sarah and her husband, Ryan, love to spend time with their two children.
Director of Finance
Kelly has worked as the Director of Finance since 2014. She has over 10 years of business finance experience and a Master of Business Administration degree. Kelly and her husband, Jacob have two children, Hadley and Harmon.
Director of Programming
Asia began at Coalition For Kids as a Site Tutor in 2007. She has held several positions within Coalition For Kids, including serving as the Site Director of Indian Trail, South Side, and Kids In Action, Volunteer Coordinator and Assistant Director of Programming. In her present position as Director of Programming she has the opportunity to lead the staff who work hands on with the students we serve. Asia and her fiancé, Bryson, love spending time with their son Cairo.
Director of Programming
Jordan began working with the Coalition for Kids in the fall of 2011 as a part time tutor. After graduating with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration from East Tennessee State University, she took on the role of Site Director at Indian Trail. Over the next few years, Jordan worked at multiple sites until she began working as an interim Assistant Director of Programming in 2016. In the fall of 2017, Jordan moved into a Director of Programming position. She is an active worship leader for different ministries in the area and is highly involved in her church.
Director of Community Outreach
Cindy Young began working for the Coalition For Kids in October of 2015 as the Director of Community Outreach. Cindy attended East Tennessee State University and ran on the first women’s track team under Coach David Walker. She is a proud mother of three children, Jamey, Adam and Emily. She is a tennis teacher/coach in the summer and enjoys playing the game. Cindy attends The Rock Fellowship Church in Johnson City, TN. and serves as a volunteer there.
Director of Events
Jan began working part time at the Coalition in January 2018 as the Events Director planning all in-house fundraisers. Prior to working at the Coalition she worked at Summit Leadership Foundation for 10 years as the Director of Administration and Event Planning. She enjoys volunteering at her Church and other local non-profit agencies; one of which is One Acre Café where she also serves on their board. Jan is married to Paul and together they enjoy hiking, tandem biking and traveling to visit their two married sons, daughter-in-law’s and granddaughter Emery.
Director of Human Resources
Linda joined Coalition For Kids in July 2009 as the Executive Administrative Assistant. In 2011 she took on a dual role of Director of Humans Resources. Linda holds a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health and an Associate’s in Health Sciences from East Tennessee State University. She loves spending time with her husband, Greg, their son Boone, family and friends.
Phyllis was the first employee hired when the Coalition For Kids began in 1998. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and Health from Milligan College. Before coming to the Coalition, Phyllis taught physical education and worked as a church secretary. Phyllis and her husband, Dallas, cherish time spent with family-especially their grandchildren.
IT Support Manager
Ryan started with the Coalition For Kids in August of 2017 as the IT Support Manager. Before coming to Coalition For Kids Ryan was a self employed web developer. He enjoys spending time with his wife, Sarah, and their two children.